Generally speaking, the characteristics of high-altitude climate are mainly: thin air, low air pressure, low temperature, large temperature change, low oxygen and water vapor content, the influencing factors of the commutator in the high-altitude working environment can include the following 6 points.
(1) As the altitude increases, the sparks under the brushes also increase and increase, and the commutation condition gradually deteriorates. As the altitude decreases, the sparks under the brushes, It also decreases and decreases, and the commutation condition is gradually improved.
(2) In plateau climate, for DC motors with commutation sparks of class 1 1/2, the altitude increases, the humidity decreases, and the spark increases, but it still belongs to class 1 1/2 sparks, which does not affect normal use.
(3) For motors with difficult commutation, the higher the altitude, the lower the humidity and the worse the commutation.
(4) Plateau climate slightly increases brush wear, but there is no abnormal wear.
(5) The commutation sparks and brushes of small and medium-sized DC motors for general use are not affected by the plateau climate, and can be used at an altitude of 4000m.
(6) The low pressure and low humidity plateau climate has no effect on the dark commutation DC motor.
As far as the commutation spark is concerned, the influence of humidity and altitude on the commutation spark cannot be generalized. At 20 degrees Celsius, the altitude is 0-400m, and the humidity is within 1.5-4.5g/m3. It is said that it has no effect, and it has a certain impact on the DC motor that is originally difficult to commutate.